Why Brainy Child
- Conveniently located between 2 MRT stations (Dhoby Ghaut & Somerset), 7 mins walk from each MRT station.
- School bus transport can be arranged for certain locations. Current bus route covers Orchard Road, River Valley, Hougang and Sengkang areas.
- Curriculum based on the proven Montessori teaching method
- Small group setting (teacher-student ratio of 1:6 playgroup and 1:8 workgroup) so that the teachers can give more attention to your child
- Individualized teaching according to the child’s pace for academic subjects
- Friendly and qualified teachers
- Teach a 3rd language – Japanese, apart from English & Mandarin
- Holistic education that include many subjects to choose from
The 'cognitive profile' of every child is unique, with some strong skills and other skills that are not as strong. A child’s cognitive profile influences the kinds of success or struggles he or she is experiencing in school or life. The reason being that the cognitive skills that include attention, short and long-term memory, visual and auditory processing, logic & reasoning, and processing speed are critical for thinking, learning, reading, remembering, paying attention, and solving problems. These are also the skills that determine IQ. So even one weak skill can make learning or life harder than it needs to be.
Brainy Child’s unique Cognitive Training Program sharpens the child's cognitive skills so that they can achieve lifelong success. We train the child for:
- Word recognition and reading readiness
- Details memorization and classification ability
- Visual, auditory and sequencing memory
- Understanding concepts
- Logical thinking abilities
- System of mathematics value abilities
- Mandarin as a second language is also incorporated to give children an early exposure to the language.
- This helps to cultivate interest and develop a strong foundation necessary to master the required standards before entering Primary 1.
- Children are ready to learn any language they hear.
- This ability unfortunately decreases with age, therefore the best time to learn a language is when the child is very young.
- We have incorporated Japanese as a third language into our curriculum. Japanese language is conducted twice a week by a native Japanese teacher.
Monthly Field Trips
- Exposes children to the real world. Children begin to understand and appreciate the relevance of what they are learning when they see real-life application of the lessons they are learning in school.
- A welcome break in routine and provides opportunities for sparking new interests and passions.
- They get to spend the day in a different learning environment away from school, appealing to their varied learning styles.